Friday, February 22, 2013

Off With His Hair!

Hey Abyss,

This week has blazed by; we do our first performance of The Seagull on Tuesday.

I cannot believe it.

I am really excited to see how it goes. Things have been really great for me, personally, this week. I have had a lot of epiphanies and it has made my trajectory a lot more clear.

I have finally received a mentor, who does the actual job of mentoring me. As well as being surrounded by throughly supportive teachers that have seen what I am capable of and what is holding me back as an artist. With the advice from these people over the last two weeks I have been uncovering a lot about my process and who I am/want to be in the classroom.

Sometimes we need to be shown our faults, so that we can make them our assets.

I am still learning how to stay in the unknown/confusing aspects of my education, but it is a difficult thing to do. I know that by me being resilient and forcing myself to accept challenges on a daily biases, I will become stronger in my craft.

Working with Tanja Jacobs has been great. She has challenged me in a lot of ways and also allowed me to do the things that I am good at, a nice combination. Although looking back I wish I had allowed myself to be challenged more rather than receding into the work that fulfils me at the moment. She is a wonderful actress, and is really direct, which is what I need. As I tend to be a procrastinator, and skate around what actually needs to be done, and awful habit to have in school.

I have also found myself being two types of performers: There is "School Wayne" and "Life Wayne" and they both are part of me, but I need "Life Wayne" to combine with "School Wayne" to make the most out of my education.

I sound absolutely crazy, but essentially "School Wayne" is lazy and more concerned with social aspects. Whereas "Life Wayne" is a driven, focused but practical actor. And so basically these two need to fuse like a Yu-Gi-Oh Card.

As for the title tonight, I am shaving my head. Its for my role in The Seagull, but it has been a while since I have done it and I am slightly nervous heading into it, sorry for the pun. Below is all I need to make this night a success.


So, I am going to proceed with that and will be posting the before and after pictures to my Tumblr and Twitter!

Night Abyss. 

No comments: