Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It's Christmas Time in the City

In Montreal, that is!


SO, so, so. It has been over 5 months since my last post.

This is awful considering my constant babble about how "I'll keep the posts coming!"

As if I am the mailman.

These last few months have been a whirlwind. I have literally had little to no time by myself, it has been me and 10 of my fellow actors duking it out for 12 hours a day 6 days a week. The school was not exacgerrating when they stated that "They tear you apart emotionally and physically, then build you back up".

I have never cried so much in my life. And for those who don't know me, I don't cry. To counter this rather depressing statement I would like to follow with saying that I have also never laughed as hard as I have at this school. I am throughly enjoying my time and they are working me to the bone.

For the first couple months I thought I had made the wrong choice about coming because my body just wasn't able to take the physical demands, I would come home at night bleeding and bruised. Feeling as though I was training for World War 3. Then over time my bruises faded and my bleeding orifices calloused and I came back stronger and more determine to prove my worth.

This school is wonderful in making you feel inadequate as an artist, in attempts of getting you to a moulding point where they can show you the potential you have to morph into. Its beautiful. It may seems as though everyone is out to get you at some points but really they are just trying to find your strength. I feel so honoured to be training under these talented individuals.

On that note, the people who have trained us this term have been phenomenal. The amount of well known artists that come through our school is just amazing. Again, opportunity of a life time. I had the pleasure of meeting Sandra Oh this term as well and she gifted me with some wonderful advice and helped me to pull up my boot straps and give it my all. The thing about this school is that everyone who has passed through knows that it is so supportive about fostering young artists, so they are so grateful, and thus in return making you feel so special to be walking the same halls as they once did. Its inspirational and dream like to know all the people who have sweated and cried and bleed in this place and have gone on to do great things for theatre and film in Canada.

I have not been able to auction for anything as of late due to my hectic schedule and lack of knowledge of the Montreal film scene, so no audition updates..

Yesterday I found out that Shakespeare by the Sea is holding auditions for their summer contracts and I was thinking about auditioning. I really haven't learned too much about Shakespeare yet and am unsure if I would be able to out together two well done monologues by the time the deadline is due. I am still debating this because I really want to book as much film and TV work as I can this summer when I go back to Nova Scotia. Apparently it is going to be a lucrative summer....

What do you think?

Recently I won the Theatre Nova Scotia Award for an excellence in Theatre in Nova Scotia. I was thrilled and completely unaware that I had been nominated. Unfortunately I was unable to be there to accept the award so my parents had to go and accept it for me. I just felt so honoured by the gesture and award that I wish I could have been there to express my gratitude. The Nova Scotia Talent Trust is a wonderful organization and if you are an artist in need of money don't hesitate to look them up!

I leave montreal for a Christmas break tomorrow and I am pumped to finally just be back to my town. I have a lot of catching up to do and am looking forward to every minute.

For my faithful fans, thank you for your support.

Night Abyss,

http://thechronicleherald.ca/artslife/43196-talent-trust-honours-young-nova-scotians

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4517763/







No comments: